1. GENERAL: These are the Legal Restrictions for the Fantasy Music League Game (to save electrons, we're going to refer to it hereafter as just 'the Game'). The Game is sponsored by Fantasy Music League Ventures LLC (hereafter, "FMLV" or the "Sponsor"), 145 South Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank, CA, 91502.
2. GAME OF SKILL: THE FANTASY MUSIC LEAGUE GAME IS A GAME OF SKILL. Anybody who says otherwise is a dirty rotten liar. More specifically, if your state legislature, regulators, courts, or other authority figures, decide that the Game is not considered to be a game of skill, FMLV reserves the right to modify the Official Rules or Legal Restrictions (including the awarding of any prizes) as necessary. This may include requiring winners to pass a timed quiz or other test of skill. If that still doesn't satisfy them, we also reserve the right to terminate the Game.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This is not a contest. You do get a warm up period where you can play the game (we call that the Indie League, or "waiting for the next season to start"), but you cannot play the Game for free. A PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. To be eligible to be a Player of the Game, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date that you sign up to play the Game. The Game is open to legal residents of the United States (including the District of Columbia and U.S. territories) and the residents of Canada, with the following exceptions: (i) In the United States, residents of Arizona, Florida, Maryland, Montana, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Vermont; and, (ii) in Canada, residents of the province of Quebec.
If you are under the age of eighteen (18), or live in one of those places listed above, you may still play the Game and have your position listed in the standings. However, you MAY NOT be eligible to win any prizes. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you may still be able to win prizes if your local laws permit us to award the prize to your parent or guardian on your behalf. We will make reasonable efforts to award you a prize if you are a winner, but by playing the Game you agree to assume all the risk that we might not be allowed to give you a prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations in the United States and all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations in Canada will still apply.
Employees and the immediate families of employees of FMLV, their affiliates, distributors, divisions subsidiaries, licensees, sponsors, licensed retailers, advertising and promotion agencies and Game promotional partners are not eligible to participate in this Game. From all eligible and registered Players, the winners will be determined based on their ability to use their skill and knowledge of the relevant Game rules to accumulate the most points during the term of the Game, according to the Legal Restrictions. Only one prize per household wil be awarded per season. The term of each Game is defined in the Official Rules, so please refer to that page.
5. EMAIL CHANGE OF ADDRESS POLICY: It is the sole responsibility of you, the Player, to keep your email address and other registration information up to date. You are officially notified that FMLV does not employ any mind-readers, so if your email address changes and we cannot communicate with you, it is not our fault.
6. GAME DISRUPTIONS AND ERRORS: FMLV and its promotional partners are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone or computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions or technical failures, garbled or jumbled transmissions or other errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; including without limitation the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information online, or for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected or illegible entries or registration information. Any materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. In case of any dispute as to the identity of a winner, the potential winner may, in FMLV's sole discretion, be required to provide FMLV with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
7. GAME FORFEITURE: FMLV agrees that it will terminate a Player's account upon notice from the Player. If a cancellation request is received before the Player has signed up artists for his or her label, the Player will be refunded all subscription fees for that service, but the Player will still be obligated to pay any other charges incurred. If the Player cancels his or her account after signing artists, no refund for unused play will be made.
8. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: The Game may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
Prizes will vary each season, with a current list here: http://fantasymusicleague.com/rules.php?title=Prizes
PLEASE ALLOW 6-8 WEEKS FROM THE CONCLUSION OF EACH QUARTER TO RECEIVE YOUR PRIZE. OVERALL WINNERS SHOULD ALLOW 6-8 WEEKS FROM THE TIME THEIR SIGNED, NOTARIZED AFFIDAVIT IS RETURNED. All prizes will be awarded regardless of the number of Players or amount of entry fees received. Prizes are not transferable and no substitution of prizes is permitted except that FMLV reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize of equivalent value or greater or a cash equivalent. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). ALL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES AND ANY SHIPPING OR HANDLING CHARGES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
10. NOTIFICATION: Overall winners will be notified by e-mail or regular mail within seven (7) days after the date the winners are determined and must sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law) within fifteen (15) days following attempted notification. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any prize notification returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Using the contact information the user has provided, FMLV will attempt to contact overall winners via phone and/or email in order to fulfill prizes at least three (3) times or for a period of thirty (30) days. If the winner is unable to be reached, this may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a Game winner fails to submit his or her current mailing address, FMLV reserves the right to send his or her prize to the last known address on record. Sponsor is only obligated to contact a single alternate. In all instances in which Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate winner, if such alternate winner is unavailable or disqualified or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, within the time frames otherwise allotted for the initially selected winner, then Sponsor may choose either not to award the prize or to donate it to another person or entity, in its sole discretion.
11. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Game Players agree to abide and be bound by the terms of these Legal Restrictions and by the decisions of the judges, which are final on all matters pertaining to this Game. U.S. Players agree to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Canadian Players agree to comply with all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. FMLV, and any participating promotional companies (and the affiliates and subsidiaries of each) and agencies (i) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize, (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; and (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury resulting from altered, late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, inaudible, illegible or incomplete entries, or human, telephone, computer, online, or technical malfunctions or failures (including busy lines and disconnections), or acceptance and use of a prize or travel in connection with such prize. Winner assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Game, or by the acceptance, possession or use of any prize.
By participating, Players release FMLV and all other promotional partners, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, and the employees, officers, directors and agents of any of the above organizations from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by participation in the Game or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Winner accepts all of the conditions, restrictions, requirements, and/or regulations required by Sponsor and also agrees to accept delivery of prize based upon availability. Where legal, by accepting prize, winner grants permission to use his/her name, address, likeness, photograph, and statements by FMLV and the other promotional partners, their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising/promotional agencies for advertising/publicity purposes in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization.
FMLV is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Game, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Legal Restrictions, the selection and announcement of the winner or the distribution of the prizes. All Players agree that the laws of the state of California shall apply exclusively to the Game and that any dispute with respect to the Game shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, in the state or federal courts of California. Canadian Players are subject to the foregoing governing law and venue/jurisdiction clause.
12. CONDUCT: The Legal Restrictions will be posted at the Game web site throughout the Game Period. FMLV reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Game or web site; to be acting in violation of the Legal Restrictions; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. FMLV reserves the right to lock out a Participant whose eligibility is in question or who has been disqualified or is otherwise ineligible to enter the Game.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY ALTER OR DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FMLV RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE ACCOUNT OF ANY ABUSER WITHOUT REFUND OR PRIZE AWARD AND TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: FMLV is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Game or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions in the Game. FMLV assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft of or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. FMLV is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or Players due to or resulting from technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Players or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Game. If, for any reason, the Game is not capable of running as planned due to: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of FMLV, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Game; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God, labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared) FMLV reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Game and in such event, to select winner by random drawing from all valid entries received up to the time of cancellation, termination or suspension.
14. RULES; WINNERS LIST: This Game is subject to these Legal Restrictions, and any other rules sets expressly referenced herein. FMLV reserves the right to change these Legal Restrictions at any time, in its sole discretion. A copy of these Legal Restrictions may be obtained by visiting the FantasyMusicLeague.com website, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Fantasy Music League Ventures, LLC
145 South Glenoaks Boulevard, Suite 336
Burbank, CA 91502